Saturday, August 29, 2009

Too much ado over a Scoreboard?


Recently, it's been in the news about the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium (and I capitalize the word 'stadium' in the Victorian tradition... because it is such an important entity), and its Scoreboard.

It appears the holy grail committee has made a decision on future instances of a ball being kicked into the board, and I got to hear all about it, on the radio, while traveling in the car.

The sportscaster was on fire. I mean, he was so passionate ~ spittin' and sputterin'~ that I had to laugh; if he just changed his vocabulary to Biblical terminology, he could've been a good ole fashioned Pentecostal preacher.

But since I simply could not care any less about something, than I do about the scoreboard fiasco, I finally asked my husband to turn it off or change the station. What a waste of passion and energy!

I remarked to my husband that if it had been a preacher, being passionate about heaven and hell issues, or even someone talking about the government and all the ways it looks like it's being totally taken out of hands, totally disregarding the Constitution of the United States, I could understand it. But a scoreboard???

Come on people!! LOL!



Barb

1 comment:

Pinkshoelady said...

I'm with you!
But isn't it sad that this man could be so passionate over a scoreboard, while most of us Christians sit with quiet sour faces on Sunday when wev'e already won!
Loved this
Pamela